Say Goodbye to Winter Skin!
Winter weather can be very damaging for our skin. Cold and low humidity levels result in dry air that steals moisture away from the skin.
As a follow up on last year's Dry Winter Skin Care Remedies article, we are here to help you with some more information on how to best take care of your skin during this season, and what to pick. Let's enjoy this winter, as well as our daily skin care regimen adjusted to it.
Indoor heat further draws moisture out of the air, as do hot showers or baths. Without daily care, dry skin can lead to scaly, dull complexion, and even cracking and bleeding, and harsh winter wind makes the problem worse. Untreated conditions can cause fine lines and wrinkles.
Do you experience any of these symptoms?
- Does your skin feel itchy or sensitive?
- Do you notice flaking skin or dry patches?
- Do you notice more fine lines?
- Does your skin around your eyes and mouth look thinner?
- Is your make-up not going on right?
- Do you notice larger pores?
- Do your skin care products absorb in seconds?
If your answered yes to any of the above questions, it might be time to bump up your hydration steps!
Follow these easy steps...
...to strengthen your skin’s ability to fight winter weather!
1. Use a hydrating serum under(!) your moisturizer.
Choose your serum based on the hydration level of your skin:
- The Hyaluronic Elixir quenches your skin’s thirst in seconds.
- For most skin types the Hyaluronic Time Erase Complex Serum containing two types of Hyaluronic Acid and a 5-herb anti-aging complex would keep dryness away.
- If your skin is combination or on the oilier side but you experience some scaliness caused by the weather, the Skin Power Serum is your solution.
- If your skin became itchy and irritated, use the Wrinkle Smoothing Serum that contains Aloe and an armada of age-fighting herbs.
2. Blend a few drops of a facial oil into your moisturizer.
- Use the Yarrow Oil if your skin is irritated, sensitive or if you battle Rosacea.
- Choose the Calendula Oil for very dry and mature skin.
- The Evening Primrose Oil based Q10 Serum will further up the moisturizing factor of your cream and fight free radicals to slow the aging process. Additional tip: massage this oil concentrate into your dry, chapped cuticles for beautiful nails.
3. Use a higher moisturizing factor!
There are three types of creams within the ilike organic skin care line:
- Whipped Moisturizers are made of fruit and herbal pulps with an acidic pH maintaining the acidic environment in which herbal ingredients thrive. These fine, light creams require only a small amount for use on specific conditions or for the maintenance of flawless skin. The Rose petal, Stonecrop and Apricot Whipped Moisturizers are the more hydrating ones amongst this group. Acne prone and oily skin types should opt for the Sulphuric Whipped Moisturizer that balances the oil level and normalizes the sebaceous gland activity, so the skin does not overproduce oil.
- Moisturizers are slightly richer with a pH level close to neutral. Choose between the Hyaluronic Time Erase Complex, the Grape Stem Cell Solutions, the PhytoLift or the Softening Thermal Moisturizer during the winter months.
- Rich Moisturizers are created with very high herbal oil content for oil deficient skin. The AHA Moisturizer with fruit of medlar contains a small level of Glycolic Acid from the Medlar fruit that helps loosen up the dead skin cells that form wrinkle lines. The Linden & Marigold Rejuvenating treatment leaves a nice dewy finish that last all day long.